[ltp] T520 Ubuntu 11.10 x64 - can't connect external monitor

Sat, 4 Feb 2012 02:11:17 +0200

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

On Fri, Feb 03, 2012 at 02:27:59PM -0500, Fen Labalme wrote:
> I have a new T520 that mostly works fine =96 I currently run nvidia (NVS
> 4200M) discrete graphics, have compiz 3d effects and colors look good.
>  (Still trying to decide if I like Unity, tho...)
>=20
> But whether using the VGA or the Display Port, I can=92t get the second
> monitor (Samsung T260R) to appear. I=92d give up 3d if that=92s what=92s =
needed,
> as I use this machine primarily for work. (It would be sad to lose Rotate
> Cube, but so it goes.) Using the nvidia-settings app, I=92ve tried runnin=
g as
> separate X-windows with xinerama and with Twinview. I actually got Twinvi=
ew
> to work once using a Display Port -> DVI cable but have not been able to
> recreate that experience. (If I ever get it working again, I=92ll certain=
ly
> save the xorg.conf!)  But VGA in particular should easily hotplug - needed
> for presentations, etc. when on the road. And I'd like DisplayPort to
> hotplug, too, so I can easily hook to my main monitor.
>=20
> If I can't get this to work, I'm going to have to RMA my shiny new box :(

(If you end up doing that, get a machine with Intel graphics -- VGA hotplug
will just work.  DisplayPort... hm, no idea, don't have any of that.
Likely not yet.)

Marius Gedminas
--=20
<AdamV> SamB: PHP's basic control structure is the "database=20
        timeout error".                       -- from Twisted.Quotes

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/

--pWyiEgJYm5f9v55/--