[ltp] Re: Periodic freeze

Fri, 6 Jul 2012 09:37:47 +0200

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 03:56:13PM -0400, Bert Haskins wrote:
> Even when typing this the system will just fail to respond and then
> finally spit back all of the missed characters.
> I can't get to top during the problem because the keyboard is not
> responding.
>=20
> This is with 35-32 on a R60 and yes, it just missed the "a R60  ".
> A six-second delay this time.

I've seen periodic pauses like this on my T61 a long time ago (October
2011), usually after a suspend and resume.  It was a kernel problem: it
appeared when I upgraded to a new Ubuntu kernel (from ubuntu-proposed),
disappeared after they released an even newer one.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
I'll maintain that XML should never be used for something that is written by
humans, just as you shouldn't try to use it as a programming language, alth=
ough
people have been so in love with XML that they've tried to do both.
        -- Bruce Eckel

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF

--3MwIy2ne0vdjdPXF--