[ltp] Updating thinkwiki.org with T430 and T530 data

Theodore Ts'o linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 7 Jul 2012 14:40:37 -0400

On Sat, Jul 07, 2012 at 02:56:25AM -0700, David Griffith wrote:

> I started new categories for the T430 and T530 Thinkpads at
> thinkwiki.org by copying the style from the T420 and T520 categories
> respectfully. I would appreciate it if people would go there, take a
> look, and fill in the empty spots I left.

Can you start a category for the X230?  I recently got one, on which
I've installed Debian Testing with a v3.4.4 kernel (plus patches), and
I must say I'm very pleased with it.

One really nice thing about it is that fact that you can put an Intel
SSD 310 80 gig mSATA drive in the mini-PCIe slot (instead of a WWAN
card), which means you can have an 80 gig SSD *and* a 500 gig 2.5"
laptop drive in an X series form factor.  Which I *love*; it means I
can take something very small which has my full development
environment, with no compromises other than the screen size.

There are a few minor wrinkles --- for some reason I can't get the
audio out jack on the Mini Dock Series 3 to work with the X230 (it
worked fine with my T410), but other than that, it's been very smooth
sailing.

					- Ted

P.S.  It's claimed that the TP Battery 44+, 44++, and 44+++ batteries
(which is what the X230 ships with) are compatible with the X220.  The
X220 shipped with the TP Batteries 29{+,++,+++}.  Does any one know if
the compatibility goes both ways?  i.e, can you install a Battery 29+
into a X230?  The fact that Lenovo changed the model number implies
that it might not work, but I'm curious what the differences are.