[ltp] T60p idle GPU temperature?

Mon, 9 Jul 2012 02:22:29 -0300

On Mon, 09 Jul 2012, Richard Neill wrote:
> >If it is overheating, your thinkpad is expected to alarm, and thinkpad-acpi
> >should scream blood murder at LOG_ALERT or even LOG_EMERG level.  Make sure

> What would you consider too hot? I'd suggest that 70 degrees is too

I don't get a say in this.  The EC raises the alarm, so it is Lenovo who
decided the threshold.

Personally, I don't let anything go past 70°C in my T43, which is below the
thresholds of the EC even for fan level 7.

> It's annoying how badly the heatsink works: the GPU can hit 80+
> while (if the CPU is idle), the fan emits only slightly warm air.

Yeah, it is crap.  But it is crap for some reasons, not all of them stupid.

The T60 doesn't have a rollcage in the bottom.  You need to be really
careful of flexing the planar when you attach the GPU directly to the
heatsink.

  Henrique Holschuh