[ltp] UsEing T23 with full (not mini) dock and Linux?

Mike Wirth linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 19 Jul 2012 13:41:46 -0700

--14dae93411cdd83c1704c534ce2d

Thanks for the hint.  Using lspci (and related utilities), I was able to
diagnose the situation and stumble :-) on the solution.  Turns out that a
simple restart of Ubuntu was insufficient.  I need to do a full cold start
so that the firmware in the ATTO ExpressPCI SCSI card gets read and
executed to properly setup the card.  That and a repeat installation of
Ubuntu resolved the SCSI card access issue (and a perhaps similar one with
3rd party firmware loading for a USB WiFi card).  "scanimage -L" now finds
the scanner just fine.

Now on to more installation and testing of SANE...

Mike

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 10:10 AM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <
hmh@hmh.eng.br> wrote:

> Can we have the lspci output, please?   Looks like it is not seeing a
> hotplug pci bus, so it is likely that some modules are missing/not being
> autoloaded...

--14dae93411cdd83c1704c534ce2d

Thanks for the hint. =A0Using lspci (and related utilities), I was able to =
diagnose the situation and stumble :-) on the solution. =A0Turns out that a=
 simple restart of Ubuntu was insufficient. =A0I need to do a full cold sta=
rt so that the firmware in the ATTO ExpressPCI SCSI card gets read and exec=
uted to properly setup the card. =A0That and a repeat installation of Ubunt=
u resolved the SCSI card access issue (and a perhaps similar one with 3rd p=
arty firmware loading for a USB WiFi card). =A0&quot;scanimage -L&quot; now=
 finds the scanner just fine.<div>
 at 10:10 AM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"=
mailto:hmh@hmh.eng.br" target=3D"_blank">hmh@hmh.eng.br</a>&gt;</span> wrot=
e:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div class=3D"im">...</div>Can we have the l=
spci output, please? =A0 Looks like it is not seeing a<br>
hotplug pci bus, so it is likely that some modules are missing/not being<br=

--14dae93411cdd83c1704c534ce2d--