[ltp] T61 hotkey_mask changed after resuming from suspend to ram

Mon, 23 Jul 2012 17:04:41 -0300

On Mon, 23 Jul 2012, Jens Rutschmann wrote:
> on my T61 with nvidia graphics I'm setting the hotkey_mask to the
> value of hotkey_recommended_mask during boot (0x008dffff). This
> enables the system to handle the Fn+F7 hotkey for switching the
> display output.
>
> Once I suspend to ram and resume from it the hotkey_mask is set to a
> value of 0x0000ffbf which is annoying and dangerous at the same
> time, as the system completely freezes when the bios tries to handle
> the request.
>
> Is this some bug in the driver, just the way it is, or am I supposed
> to set the value to the recommended one after each resume?

Looks like either the T61 firmware is specially broken, or something
broke thinkpad-acpi.  Which kernel?  Which firmware?

The driver resets the masks and everything else on resume, or at least
it is supposed to do that.  Maybe hotkey_resume() is not being called on
your kernel for some reason.  The relevant code is in:
drivers/platform/x86/thinkpad-acpi.c

  Henrique Holschuh