[ltp] T61 hotkey_mask changed after resuming from suspend to ram

Jens Rutschmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 25 Jul 2012 20:06:33 +0200

Am 25.07.2012 05:24 schrieb Henrique de Moraes Holschuh:
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2012, Jens Rutschmann wrote:
>> I rebooted + supended and resumed with debugging enabled and grepped dmesg, see below.
>> It seems the X process is accessing the proc interface /proc/acpi/ibm/hotkey
>>
>> Does anyone know what that could be? I'm using the KDE functionality
>> for supending but I guess if that was the culprit then ps wouldn't
>> show X. I also grepped through /usr/share and ~/.kde4 for
>> "ibm/hotkey"  but couldn't find anything.
>
> Exactly which version of X.org are you running?  Distro and package version,
> please.
>
> I fear I will have to track this down in the X.org source if I am to
> preserve my sanity.

This is on Gentoo, xorg-server is 1.12.2

I already grepped through it's sources for "hotkey" but couldn't find anything that seems related to it. Could it be in
one of the many X11 libraries ? I really have no idea where to start looking for it.