[ltp] X200 wireless hard blocked

Jochen Spieker linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 30 Jul 2012 20:53:49 +0200

--vEao7xgI/oilGqZ+

Jochen Spieker:
>=20
> $ sudo ifconfig wlan0 up
> SIOCSIFFLAGS: Operation not possible due to RF-kill
>=20
> $ rfkill list 0
> 0: phy0: Wireless LAN
>         Soft blocked: no
>         Hard blocked: yes

Th rephrase my questions:

- Should the pre-installed wifi card work in the other (WWAN) slot as
  well, without any taping?

- Can the "hard blocked" state be attributed to a (partly) broken
  MiniPCI Express slot, or does the fact that the wifi card is detected
  at all mean that the slot is ok?

- Is there anything else I can do do unblock the wireless card? As I
  said, the switch on the right side still appears to work because it
  hard-blocks and unblocks bluetooth. It just doesn't affect the wifi
  device. I just re-checked BIOS settings and in the security section
  all devices except for the fingerprint reader are enabled.

J.
--=20
I am very intolerant with other drivers.
[Agree]   [Disagree]

--vEao7xgI/oilGqZ+

--vEao7xgI/oilGqZ+--