[ltp] Fastest Lenovo laptop I can get

Bjørn Mork linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 26 Jun 2012 09:55:43 +0200

"Theodore Ts'o" <tytso@mit.edu> writes:

> The 80 gig Intel SSD mSATA device is only $180 dollars (don't buy it
> from Lenovo; get from Amazon or your favorite discount web merchant),
> and IMHO, is well worth it.

No mSATA whitelisting?  That's good to know.  I assume the wlan and wwan
whitelists are still there?

What about display resolution?  I am really surprised that seemingly
high end laptops are sold with puny 1366x768 displays.  Often in an
oversized and heavy 15" form factor.  Unbelievable.  Sony and Asus
demonstrate that 1920x1080 is a nice 13" resolution, and Apple has just
taught us that 2880x1800 is what 15" should have.

I wouldn't buy a new laptop with a dot pitch less than that.  You want
your pixels to weigh as little as possible.  The 1440x900 13" was an
important factor when I decided on the X301.  I had never thought that
it would still outclass any 13" from Lenovo 4 years later...

Are you listening Lenovo?  I fully agree with the initial statement on
quality, but that does not help much when critical features like high
resolution displays are missing.  I am sure the Sony Vaio Z 13" has good
build quality as well.  And you can buy it with a 1920x1080 display.

Bjørn