[ltp] T520/ Opensuse: Crashes on Boot

Uwe Bonnes linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 26 Jun 2012 11:03:35 +0200

Hello,

I have a Lenovo T520 with i7-2670QM, MSATA SSD and 8 GiB Ram. Both graphic
cards are anabled, with the intel graphic booting. I installed
Opensuse 12-1 on the system, and it runs very good. Howwever since I
installed recent kernels from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Kernel:/HEAD/standard/
when booting, often crashes appear during boot. Booting several times, I
succeed to reach the login prompt at some try and everything is fine
afterwards.

The crashed stall the display, mostly giving no usable output, sometimes
leaving the "Caps Lock" LED blinking and sometimes give a post-mortem dump
with "get_next_timer_interrupt mentioned" mostly. However nothing in the
logs.

Googling for that error brought up nothing so long. Has anybody a similar
error? Should I manually write down the stack dump an post somewhere?
Anything to check first?

Thanks