[ltp] How to reduce the "Rescheduling Interrupts" wake up?

Florian Reitmeir linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 29 Mar 2012 22:10:32 +0200

Hi,

 > I installed the Gentoo Linux with 3.2.12 kernel on a Thinkpad T420, and
 > I used powertop to find out whatever is reducing my battery life, and I
 > found out that "Rescheduling Interrupts" was always the top and often
 > cost nearly 50%, I have try the methods on website [1], but it didn't
 > make things different. Is there any method I could try to reduce the
 > "Rescheduling Interrupts"? Or it is a kernel bug?

on my old X60s, the Rescheduling Interrupts were caused the by cpu
itself. i learned that i owned an to old intel cpu which has no stable tsc.

on my new X220 it looks like this:

 > cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/available_clocksource
tsc hpet acpi_pm

 > cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/current_clocksource
tsc

--
Florian Reitmeir
E-Mail: florian@reitmeir.org