[ltp] T60p: thinkpad_acpi automatic module loading

Kevin Locke linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 30 Mar 2012 08:52:28 -0600

Hi All,

Recently the thinkpad_acpi module stopped loading automatically during
startup on my T60p (2613-ESU with BIOS "79ETE7WW (2.27 )") running
Debian testing (udev 175-3.1) and a vanilla kernel.  I thought it was
a result of upgrading to kernel 3.3, but testing with 3.2 and 3.1 now
shows the same behavior.  I am certain it was a recent change, but
can't find the cause.

I have tried running udev with debug logging and didn't observe
anything suspicious (although I am unsure what to look for) and I have
not noticed any other modules which have ceased to load automatically.
Also, note that thinkpad_acpi loads without issue via modprobe or
being listed in /etc/modules, the only problem I am having is that it
has stopped loading automatically.

Any suggestions for how to debug this, or module auto-loading in
general, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Cheers,      |  kevin@kevinlocke.name   | JIM:  kevinoid@jabber.org