[ltp] Re: Re: T520: With or without NVIDIA-Graphic?

Axel Braun linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 06 May 2012 17:59:34 +0200

Andreas Siegert wrote:

>> Problem arises then disabling the external monitor and switching back the
>> resolution to 1600x900 - mostly the screen remained black, and I could
>> not bring it back to life. Had to switch it off.
>
> Ok, I only made some initial tests.
> But I guess that is quite different as you have an Intel card whereas I
> use nvidia.

I bet, yes....

>> Sound keys work, Fn-F4 as well, but no Fn-F12 (Hibernate)
>
> Still need to map the sound key.
> Looks like FN-F12 is currently also mapped to suspend, not hibernate.

..it is not mapped at all as it looks. Let me know how to set it up once you
configured yours, Thx!

> Display brightness is a PITA...
> I needed to add
> GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="acpi_backlight=vendor"
> in /etc/default/grub and then ran update-grub.
> But that only worked until my FN-F12 experiment, after that the control
> was gone again (the HUD still showed up though).
>
> Googeling and looking at dmesg seems to indicate that there is a conflict
> between ACPI and the display driver both claiming the other will handle
> it...

This is TEAMWORK (TEAM=Toll, ein anderer machts ;-)

BTW, my one came with the smaller 65W power supply.

Cheers/Axel