[ltp] Changing sensitivity ThinkPad USB Keyboard with TrackPoint

Bernhard Seibold linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 11 May 2012 16:15:19 +0200

Hi!

On 11.05.2012 13:15, Bjørn Mork wrote:

> Note that Bernhard Seibold created a simple driver for reading/setting
> precisely this value via sysfs a year ago:
>  http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-input/msg15423.html
>
> Don't know why that hasn't been merged yet.  CCing Bernhard to ensure
> that he is aware of this discussion.

I don't really know the context here, but regarding that patch, I posted
it at least twice on the linux-input mailing list, and I asked the HID
maintainer (Jiri Kosina) at least twice about it, but I always got
ignored. I don't know why.

So I basically gave up on trying to get it merged, but if you wanna try
yourself, be my guest.

However since it looked useful to me I published an updated version of
the patch and a userspace tool with reduced functionality on github:

https://github.com/bseibold/linux/compare/master...tpkbd-unstable
https://github.com/bseibold/tpkbdctl