[ltp] Changing sensitivity ThinkPad USB Keyboard with TrackPoint

Wed, 16 May 2012 04:29:51 +0100

On 11/05/12 15:15, Bernhard Seibold wrote:
> However since it looked useful to me I published an updated version of
> the patch and a userspace tool with reduced functionality on github:
>
> https://github.com/bseibold/linux/compare/master...tpkbd-unstable
> https://github.com/bseibold/tpkbdctl

Thanks. I actually have 2 different versions of this keyboard.

The newer one is identified in lsusb as:
	17ef:6009 Lenovo ThinkPad Keyboard with TrackPoint
I believe this one has been on sale for about 2 years.
and works excellently with this program. Turning up the sensitivity is a
huge benefit: I've been wanting something like this for 5 years!

The older one (of which I have 3 on different machines) is a larger
device, including a touchpad, numeric keypad, and 2-port USB hub. It has
been on sale for about 10 years, and identifies as 2 devices:

   04b3:3018 IBM Corp. UltraNav Keyboard
   06cb:0009 Synaptics, Inc. Composite TouchPad and TrackPoint

I tried tweaking your program to use the VID/PID pairs, but this is
unsuccessful. If you have any suggestions for what might work, I'd be
delighted to try to help implement the similar functions for the other
keyboard. (Or, if you are interested, I can post one to you:
left-mouse-button switch is worn out, but OK for testing; no monetary
value, and no need to return it; contact me off-list)

Best wishes, and thanks,

Richard