[ltp] Unsolicited requests for shut down

Ricardo Reis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 16 May 2012 11:00:33 +0100 (WEST)

On Wed, 16 May 2012, Athanasios Velios wrote:

> Hello,
> Since February I have a strange problem on my Thinkpad X220 Tablet which =
> Linux. When there seems to be a lot of activity (e.g. backing up or=20
> compressing files) the OS requests to shut down as if I chose Shut Down f=
> the menu. This happens with different distributions (I have tried Ubuntu=
> 11.10 and 12.04 and the current Fedora). I am not sure where to look for=
> possible errors. The logs do not show something obvious, but I may not be=
> looking at the right place.
> Any ideas?

overheat? what is reported by sensors, for instance? you can put a script=
running in the background, with watch, for instance, to dump sensors to a=
file every 1 min. when you reboot you can inspect and see what were the=20
temps when you were shutdown.

from the top of my mind that is what your problem makes me think off

  Ricardo Reis

  'Non Serviam'

  PhD/MSc Mechanical Engineering | Lic. Aerospace Engineering

  Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence

  Cultural Instigator @ R=E1dio Zero

  contacts:  gtalk: kyriusan@gmail.com  skype: kyriusan

  Institutional Address:

  Ricardo J.N. dos Reis
  IDMEC, Instituto Superior T=E9cnico, Technical University of Lisbon
  Av. Rovisco Pais
  1049-001 Lisboa

                       - email sent with alpine 2.00 -