[ltp] Unsolicited requests for shut down

Athanasios Velios linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 16 May 2012 13:31:57 +0100

I had Psensor installed for a while and the temperature readings did not
seem to make sense. For example, as soon as I turned on the computer and
the temperature was still low, I would start compressing files and the
Shut Down request would come up. By cancelling and carrying on, the
temperature would increase but no other request would come up. I do not
think that the temperature ever went over 60 degrees C anyway and the
cooling fan seems to be working as expected. Plus the motherboard has
been replaced on this laptop for a different reason and the problem is
there with both old and new.

Would any of the logs record the shutdown request, so that I can trace
it back?

Thanasis