[ltp] Unsolicited requests for shut down

Jeffrey L. Taylor linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 16 May 2012 06:14:47 -0700

Quoting Athanasios Velios <a.velios@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> Since February I have a strange problem on my Thinkpad X220 Tablet
> which runs Linux. When there seems to be a lot of activity (e.g.
> backing up or compressing files) the OS requests to shut down as if
> I chose Shut Down from the menu. This happens with different
> distributions (I have tried Ubuntu 11.10 and 12.04 and the current
> Fedora). I am not sure where to look for possible errors. The logs
> do not show something obvious, but I may not be looking at the right
> place.

Sometimes on my T520, the battery charge is mis-interpreted and the laptop
shuts down.  I'm told it is KDE.  I do see it often in GKrellm.  So much so
that I disable the battery display in GKrellm.

HTH,
  Jeffrey