[ltp] New 6-row keyboard scaring me off

Ricardo Reis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 27 Oct 2012 15:55:44 +0100 (WEST)

On Thu, 25 Oct 2012, rappard@dds.nl wrote:

> I'm with you on this one. Their reasoning is clear but this should
> have been a case of "if ain't broke don't fix it" - I've never heard
> anyone complain about the original ThinkPad keyboards.

Although I like the classic keyboard and agree with you, you also have to
ask, "It ain't broken from who's perspective?" One thing is the user,
other questions of market and manufacturability. I don't think people have
the full knowledge to say, if they were employed at Lenovo and was their
turn to make the call, what the answer would be. Maybe you would be
surprised with yourself.

best regards from a classic thinkpad keyboard user (X220)

  Ricardo Reis

  --

  PhD/MSc Mechanical Engineering | Lic. Aerospace Engineering

  http://www.flickr.com/photos/rreis/

  contacts:  gtalk: kyriusan@gmail.com  skype: kyriusan

                       - email sent with alpine 2.00 -