[ltp] Wifi slowdown

Paul Marwick linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 21 Apr 2013 16:40:02 +0100

Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On ven., 2013-04-19 at 16:14 +0100, Paul Marwick wrote:
>> I've not been able to go back to a pre 3.8.x kernel, but I'm
>> wondering
>> if anyone else is seeing this sort of problem, or whether anyone can
>> suggest other things I should be looking at to fix it?
> Maybe try to report to your distro bugtracker?

I've dropped back to the 3.7.9, which has got me back to the 150 mbs
connects I used to see. Not sure if the problem is in the Arch kernel
build or the 3.8.x kernel itself.

> Another shot would be to try to reproduce using vanilla kernels and
> doing a git bisect starting from 3.2. It might be worth quickly trying
> 3.7 and 3.6 so the bisect is easier.
I'm going to try my own 3.8.x kernel build and see if that has the same
problem.

:) No experience doing a git bisect, but I guess given the fact that the
3.7.9 kernel is working properly its not as necessary....

Thanks for the suggestions.

Paul.