[ltp] adding a non-lenovo mSATA cache drive to a X230

Rubin Abdi linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 18 Aug 2013 13:35:04 -0700

--KqgNMKQfOmou4B7SUSiqcPo2xnvK41GOH

Ismael Olea wrote, On 2013-08-18 13:31:
> Did you use those as regular disk drives or through the mSATA cache dri=
ve
> feature (as far as I know the Intel Rapid Storage Tech[1])?

The DM-RAID stuff seemed like a pain so I haven't touched any of that.

And nothing special to do on the linux side, it acts like any other SATA
drive. The only thing to note however is that if you're also running a
drive off of the standard SATA port, the mSATA drive typically gets read
off second to it, so listed as /dev/sdb. I suppose there's some kernel
magic that could be done to make that not but the case, otherwise just
be careful of where GRUB desides to live.

--=20
Rubin
rubin@starset.net