[ltp] adding a non-lenovo mSATA cache drive to a X230

Bert Haskins linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 18 Aug 2013 23:16:28 -0400

On 08/18/2013 03:53 PM, Rubin Abdi wrote:
> Ismael Olea wrote, On 2013-08-18 12:44:
>> My question is: somebody has installed a non-lenovo mSATA drive? And
>> anybody knows/checked if it can work as mSATA cache drive with linux?
> Yup, just as long as the sizes are the same. I'm guessing the X230 is
> 50mm as the X220 is. Unlike wifi cards and other mini PCI cards, here's
> no white list for mSATA drives that I know of.
>
> Previously I've used...
>
> Renice 120GB K3VLAR - Died after 2 days of use:
> http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/renice-120gb-k3vlar-50mm-sandforce-mini-pci-e-sata-ii-ssd-solid-state-drive/
>
> MyDigitalSSD 128GB Bullet Proof - used for 2 years without issue:
> http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/mydigitalssd-128gb-50mm-bp3-bullet-proof-3-msata-6g-ssd/
>
> Currently using...
>
> Mushkin Enhanced Atlas Series 480GB - Used for the last month, awesome:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226379
>
> The Musdhkin drive is a double board sandwiched together. It fit in my
> X220 just fine. Your mileage may vary.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good R61 ssd drive?
The application requires several hibernation cycles per day at very
random periods.
60GB would probably be large enough.
Thanks,
  Bert