[ltp] adding a non-lenovo mSATA cache drive to a X230

Theodore Ts'o linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 20 Aug 2013 21:12:36 -0400

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 09:44:48PM +0200, Ismael Olea wrote:

> I'm about to get a new x230 (model 2325). The model available not has mSATA
> Solid State Cache Drive.I'm considering to add one in a near future and I
> seen some interesting prices for Intel 520 SSD units.
>
> My question is: somebody has installed a non-lenovo mSATA drive? And
> anybody knows/checked if it can work as mSATA cache drive with linux?

Yes. I've installed non-Lenovo mSATA drives on my X230 and more
recently on my T430s.  I've never had a problem.  I've typically used
Intel SSD's, with an 80GB 313 on the X230, and the 240GB 525 on my
T430s.

Cheers,

						- Ted