[ltp] Thinkpad **30 series, Linux 3.7 and brightness keys

Robin Becker linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 21 Feb 2013 17:42:55 +0000

On 20/02/2013 20:27, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On mer., 2013-02-20 at 10:20 +0000, Robin Becker wrote:
>>>
>>> Actually, as said on the bug, it might be related to
>> xfce4-power-manager
>>> way of handling things, too.
>> verbose mode).
>
> The regression is present in 3.7 kernels so if you already have it and
> have working brightness keys during the boot, then you don't have it.
> But as your BIOS doesn't “support” win8 that's expected anyway.

After I couldn't get the 2.06 bios update to preserve my logos I gave up on
moving forward with uefi etc etc which I understand might be a cause of the bug.

If there are significant reasons to upgrade to a later bios I might reconsider.
So far as I can tell they changed the splash logo customization to allow for two
logos LOGO1/LOGO2.(BMP,JPG,GIF). The LOGO2 is allowed to be higher resolution,
but only applies when 'OS Optimised defaults are enabled'. I get the impression
that I get locked into secure boot and UEFI boot mode if I do enable the
optimized defaults.
--
Robin Becker