[ltp] Thinkpad **30 series, Linux 3.7 and brightness keys

Theodore Ts'o linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 21 Feb 2013 15:33:01 -0500

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 05:42:55PM +0000, Robin Becker wrote:

> After I couldn't get the 2.06 bios update to preserve my logos I
> gave up on moving forward with uefi etc etc which I understand might
> be a cause of the bug.

Well, before we make this assumption it might be useful if one of the
folks who are suffering this problem upgrade their machine from using
GNOME to Xfce, and see if the problem goes away.  If it does, then the
bug is related to how GNOME is managing the screen brightness, and not
necessarily UEFI or the BIOS version.

(That being said, I agree with your general approach of not moving off
of the 2.06 BIOS and not trying to use UEFI boot until there's a
really good reason for me to do so.)

Regards,

       	    	       	     	- Ted