[OT]: NO! Google is bad! (was: Re: [ltp] Google Groups)

Christoph Schmees linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 08 Jan 2013 10:06:57 +0100

On 08.01.2013 09:19, Sandro wrote:
> This type of mailing list is kind of annoying with it's ascii
> representation of accidental html and has a '90s feel.
> I would strongly recommend migrating to google groups. Anyone who
> worked with it would probably agree.
>
> You can use it as a mailing list, and at the same time as sort of
> a 'forum'. It's pretty (and supports that technology Berners-Lee
> at CERN invented in 1989 called HTML). :P

for me a forum, particularly at google, is a very bad idea.

I for one wouldn't let google know all contents of mail I send or
receive, nor my contacts. I don't search using the /big brother/
- I use ixquick.
And using Firefox w/ NoScript and RequestPolicy (and a lot more),
I disable - as far as possible - tracking and espionage by
google-analytics, google-syndication and the like.

I hate online forums.

I find HTML in e-mail an abuse of the plain ASCII designed
medium. I love the usenet and I love mailing lists in plain
ASCII. :-)

Yes, I am 'old school'. ;-)

*my* 2 cents.

Christoph