[ltp] Re: Google Group

Phil Shotton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 18 Jan 2013 15:52:08 +0000

On 18/01/13 11:36, Philipp Kern wrote:
> Arguably a Thinkpad is a desktop product you'd run Linux on. In other
> technical forums, where people run Linux exclusively on their server,
> you really see people using Outlook. (And utterly failing to cope with
> mailing lists.) Kind regards Philipp Kern
No, the only mailing lists they struggle with are the ones that insist
on bottom posting. Most mailing lists allow (and even encourage) top
posting, as that way the reader can see the response immediately without
scrolling down through the history.

As more and more people use smartphones with limited screen real-estate
to read their mail, bottom-posting mailing lists will become ever less
relevant. I don't read ltp on my phone as it's simply too much of a
pain. I respect the rights of some users of this list to remain in the
dark ages, it's their choice, but their audience is dwindling.

Phil