[ltp] Re: T430s restarts after shutdown

Peter Gantner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 24 Jun 2013 16:22:10 +0200

Hello,

A couple of things to try:

1. Sometimes BIOSes have a setting what to do after "power loss".
Typical options are power on, power off, restore whatever was the
previous power level...

I don't think I have seen it on Thinkpads or laptops in general but it
can't hurt to check.

2. There is a way to tell Linux which ACPI level to use for "power off".
This is typically used for hardware which doesn't do WOL or NVRAM or
even keyboard wakeup in a "deep power-off" level, but does in a higher
one.
It's normally used for hibernate, but it may be related. See under
"reboot=" and "acpi_sleep=" in
<linux-source>/Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt .

3. Are using acpi_osi= or friends as a kernel parameter? Possibly the
BIOS does something strange depending on OSI identification?

HTH, good luck

   Peter

--

» Peter Gantner