[ltp] reinstalling windows after linux

Steven J. Owens linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 26 Jun 2013 22:04:41 +0000

Hi guys,

     I got my t520 with a 500GB drive two years ago, and immediately
wiped windows off it and installed linux.

     Now I have a new 256 GB samsung SSD that I've just added, and I
need a windows install (and a linux partition, but I understand for
dual boot it's best to start with windows and then add linux).

     However, the windows recovery disks don't seem to offer me any
option to choose which partition or even which disk to install on.  It
looks like it'll just wipe the 500Gb drive.  Is there any way to get
it to install windows on the SSD drive?

--
Steven J. Owens
puff@darksleep.com / (412) 401-8060 cell