[ltp] reinstalling windows after linux

Steven J. Owens linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 27 Jun 2013 08:29:36 +0000

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 07:38:13AM +0200, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Windows recovery disks often do this.
>
> How about removing the 500Gb drive temporarily?  Maybe the recovery
> disks will install on the SSD then?  Making Windows boot again after
> re-adding the Linux drive might still pose a challenge, but that should
> be solvable using various bootloader tricks (logically swapping disk
> numbers etc)

     Yanknig the 500GB drive did the trick.  I now have windows on the
SSD, and I can use the F12 boot menu to boot the old linux install
from the 500GB drive.  Now I suppose I can look at shrinking the
windows partition on the SSD and installing a new linux install
alongside windows...

--
Steven J. Owens
puff@darksleep.com / (412) 401-8060 cell