[ltp] Re: Making Sysrq work on T530

Marc MERLIN linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 22 Mar 2013 15:33:07 -0700

On Fri, Jul 06, 2012 at 01:23:04PM -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> [Please Cc me on replies]
>
> Howdy,
>
> I'm testing a thinkpad T530, and they removed the sysrq key!
>
> I'm supposed to hit Fn+S but quite frankly, I can't get Alt+Fn+S+key to
> really work.
>
> This totally blows. Is there a way to get sysrq hotkeys work on a thinkpad
> T530?

Just for the sake of the archives, turns out that on the lenovo T430 and T530
you should ignore the Lenovo documentation I quoted above, and you can
indeed use the PrtSc key between Right Alt and Right Ctrl, that key works
just fine for Sysrq.

I have no idea why Lenovo felt they had to document some complicated
alternate software sysrq with Fn+S

Anyway, hope this helps someone.

Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....