[ltp] Re: Thinkpad E520 & openSUSE 12.3 - No shut down or reboot

Mon, 25 Mar 2013 05:54:30 -0700

Just want to say that I had this problem recently with my custom desktop
computer and LinuxMint- so I don't think it is Lenovo related.

I had tried one of the remedies in this post- isolating e1000e, with
LinuxMint, and that seemed to work.... but subsequently gave up on
LinuxMint and went back to Debian and didn't have a problem until I
changed something regarding my wlan/etho connections.

Sorry, I can't remember exactly what the final solution was, but it was
definitely a problem with software, and something related to the network
configuration.

Hope this helps,
Keith Ostertag

> Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 09:28:04 +0100
> From: Per Dalgas Jakobsen <pdj@knaldgas.dk>
> To: linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
> Subject: Re: [ltp] Thinkpad E520 & openSUSE 12.3 - No shut down or rebo=
ot

> Hi James
>
> My x301 running Debian Testing, had a shutdown issue when wired Etherne=
> was not connected, IIRC. Even though the issue was slightly different
> the shutdownfixes.sh script in this forum fixed my shutdown issue:
> http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T430s-on-AC-Sh=
utdown-restarts-not-shut-down-power-off/td-p/827335