[ltp] T410s Optimus - digital outputs of dock

Thomas Peiselt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 27 Mar 2013 10:51:04 +0100

Hi,

I'm running aforementioned T410s with the NVidia card disabled in the BIOS.
When connection something to the DVI of the Series 3 Dock, I can see
the monitor via xrandr:

---
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1440 x 900, maximum 8192 x 8192
LVDS1 connected 1440x900+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y
axis) 304mm x 190mm
   1440x900       60.1*+   49.3
   1024x768       60.0
   800x600        60.3     56.2
   640x480        59.9
VGA1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI3 connected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
   1600x1200      60.0 +
   1280x1024      85.0     75.0     60.0
   1280x960       60.0
   1152x864       75.0
   1024x768       85.0     75.1     60.0
   832x624        74.6
   800x600        85.1     60.3
   640x480        85.0     75.0     60.0
   720x400        70.1
DP2 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DP3 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
---

The connected output changes to HDMI2 in case I connect via DisplayPort instead.

However, the monitor stays blank when activating it via xrandr.
DisplayPort on the notebook itself (HDMI1 in the list above) works, as
does VGA on the Dock.

Is there a way to utilize the digital outputs while staying with the intel card?

Many, many, many bonus points for a triple head solution involving the
nvidia card, something like

http://judsonsnotes.com/notes/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=673:triple-head-monitors-on-thinkpad-t520&catid=37:tech-notes&Itemid=59

or via xorg.conf with multiple device sections.l

thanks in advance

Thomas