[ltp] Debian package: ultrabay-scripts

Paul Seelig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 07 May 2013 15:56:54 +0200

Hi again,

in the absence of any feedback so far, just a short update:

Three revisions have been uploaded in the meantime and can be downloades
by interested peple from

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/wmlive/files/ultrabay-scripts

Here are the most noteworthy changes so far:

  * Removed the rather dangerous umount procedure from ultrabay_eject.
    Better leave that to a human sysadmin to manage.

  * Added a check in ultrabay_eject, verifying if the device is still in
    use and quit with an informative error message if it's still busy.

  * Modified messages in ultrabay_eject, while at the same time getting
    rid of superfluous duplicate desktop notifications.

  * Override debhelper to only create start links with update-rc.d for
    init script, as a stop is never required.

While it seems to work fine for me, my testing perspective is limited to
the T60/61 Thinpad generation. If therefore some kind soul would ve so
nice as to check if it also works on older and more modern machines, and
give me some feedback about success/failure, i would be more than happy
to enhance te whole package based on any useful information.

BTW, since this is all based on the below cited Thinkwiki article, it
would be great if someone with write access on Thinkwiki would update
that particular article with a note regarding that Debian package.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Paul