[ltp] Choice of ThinkPad T61

green linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 21 May 2013 09:49:03 -0500

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ

Timothy Murphy wrote at 2013-05-21 08:41 -0500:
> I've a choice of two T61's:
>   T7300 (7659) with Intel GMA X3100 graphics
>   T7500 (7663) with nVidia Quadro graphics
>=20
> Am I right in thinking the first would be best with Linux?

Though I suppose the Intel integrated graphics is less powerful than
the Nvidia, I am glad I chose Intel when I purchased my T61.  I value
reliability above performance, and the system performs well enough for
my needs, especially with a T9500 processor upgrade.  Note that some
T61 motherboards may not be compatible with the Penryn processors, of
which is the T9500.

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ--