[ltp] X220 monitor flickers when tilted

Lord Mael linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 6 Nov 2013 10:03:24 -0500

--001a11c30920696a3c04ea83731a

Personally, if it is still under warranty I would contact lenovo and get
them to fix it. It could be something as simple as a loose ribbon cable
connection or a hardware defect.
On Nov 6, 2013 9:54 AM, "Adam Sloboda" <ja@disorder.sk> wrote:

> At Tue, 22 Oct 2013 12:23:59 +0200,
> Kevin Brubeck Unhammer wrote:

> > Lately, whenever I slightly close/open (or just lightly touch the side
> > of) the monitor of my X220, I see a flicker, as if the connection is
> > breaking. The left hinge does move slightly up and down when I tilt the
> > monitor.
> >
> > Does anyone know if there's a simple fix (non-warranty-voiding, like
> > tighten a screw somewhere), or should I get in touch with Lenovo?
>
> Not sure about your situation but my X200 started constantly
> flickering a few months ago so I made it into a desktop...
>
> Regards,
> Adam
> --

--001a11c30920696a3c04ea83731a

novo and get them to fix it. It could be something as simple as a loose rib=
bon cable connection or a hardware defect. </p>
 &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:ja@disorder.sk">ja@disorder.sk</a>&gt; wrote:<br typ=
e=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .=
8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
At Tue, 22 Oct 2013 12:23:59 +0200,<br>
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; [1 =A0&lt;text/plain (quoted-printable)&gt;]<br>
&gt; Lately, whenever I slightly close/open (or just lightly touch the side=
&gt; of) the monitor of my X220, I see a flicker, as if the connection is<b=
r>
&gt; breaking. The left hinge does move slightly up and down when I tilt th=
e<br>
&gt; monitor.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Does anyone know if there&#39;s a simple fix (non-warranty-voiding, li=
ke<br>
&gt; tighten a screw somewhere), or should I get in touch with Lenovo?<br>
Not sure about your situation but my X200 started constantly<br>
flickering a few months ago so I made it into a desktop...<br>
Regards,<br>
Adam<br>
--<br>
The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:<br>