[ltp] Re: X220 monitor flickers when tilted

Kevin Brubeck Unhammer linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 07 Nov 2013 12:59:43 +0100

Lord Mael <lordmael@gmail.com> writes:

> Personally, if it is still under warranty I would contact lenovo and
> get them to fix it. It could be something as simple as a loose ribbon
> cable connection or a hardware defect.=20

I ended up emailing Lenovo. The next day, this guy shows up at my house
with an electric screwdriver, a replacement laptop monitor + cable and a
placemat to avoid making dents in the furniture. Awesome.

(I never found out whether it was the monitor or the cable, since he
just replaced both.)

> On Nov 6, 2013 9:54 AM, "Adam Sloboda" <ja@disorder.sk> wrote:
>     At Tue, 22 Oct 2013 12:23:59 +0200,
>     Kevin Brubeck Unhammer wrote:
>     >
>     > Lately, whenever I slightly close/open (or just lightly touch
>     the side
>     > of) the monitor of my X220, I see a flicker, as if the
>     connection is
>     > breaking. The left hinge does move slightly up and down when I
>     tilt the
>     > monitor.
>     >
>     > Does anyone know if there's a simple fix (non-warranty-voiding,
>     like
>     > tighten a screw somewhere), or should I get in touch with
>     Lenovo?
>     Not sure about your situation but my X200 started constantly
>     flickering a few months ago so I made it into a desktop...

Kevin Brubeck Unhammer

GPG: 0x766AC60C

Version: GnuPG v1.4.14 (GNU/Linux)