[ltp] T410(s) support [was: recommended laptops of new batch?]

Lord Mael linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 16 Nov 2013 22:39:14 -0500

--001a11c2d6a0e8b38704eb572cf8

I haven't tried just reading pdfs etc but I average about just over 1 hour
watching video via mplayer with the brightness at no more than half. Could
be just an old battery though.
On Nov 13, 2013 3:52 PM, "Nate Bargmann" <n0nb@n0nb.us> wrote:

> I'm on a T410 right now and it is hands down the quietest and fastest
> laptop I've ever had the pleasure of owning.  I am running Debian
> Unstable amd64 which I found improved power consumption and keeps the
> fan absolutely quiet.  This one has the Intel grpahics and wireless
> chipset along with a Core i5 processor.  Battery life is over three
> hours when reading a PDF or some such.
>
> Perhaps I got lucky?
>
> - Nate
>
> --
>
> "The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all
> possible worlds.  The pessimist fears this is true."
>
> Ham radio, Linux, bikes, and more: http://www.n0nb.us
> --

--001a11c2d6a0e8b38704eb572cf8

t just over 1 hour watching video via mplayer with the brightness at no mor=
e than half. Could be just an old battery though. </p>
t; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:n0nb@n0nb.us">n0nb@n0nb.us</a>&gt; wrote:<br type=
=3D"attribution"><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8=
ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
I&#39;m on a T410 right now and it is hands down the quietest and fastest<b=
r>
laptop I&#39;ve ever had the pleasure of owning. =A0I am running Debian<br>
Unstable amd64 which I found improved power consumption and keeps the<br>
fan absolutely quiet. =A0This one has the Intel grpahics and wireless<br>
chipset along with a Core i5 processor. =A0Battery life is over three<br>
hours when reading a PDF or some such.<br>
Perhaps I got lucky?<br>
- Nate<br>
--<br>
&quot;The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all<br>
possible worlds. =A0The pessimist fears this is true.&quot;<br>
Ham radio, Linux, bikes, and more: <a href=3D"http://www.n0nb.us" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.n0nb.us</a><br>
--<br>
The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:<br>