[ltp] Re: Lenovo USB 2.0 Port Replicator with Digital Video

Stefan Monnier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 03 Apr 2014 19:30:59 -0400

> Usb video is still a problem with linux, although the display link website
> claims that support now exists at least in the kernel for 1x00 devices.
> Not sure what's the status with X support though. If memory serves I did
> manage to get X running with the vesa or framebuffer driver. It did not
> support hotplugging nor accelerated graphics though.

Not sure what chipset is used in that port replicator, but indeed the
USB2 displaylink devices work fairly well with X11 (with fbdev), except
for the lack of support of hotplugging.

Last I heard, support for the USB3 displaylink devices is more problematic,

        Stefan