[ltp] 2nd gen X1 carbon 3g/lte Sierra Wireless EM7345 4G LTE

Bjørn Mork linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 10 Apr 2014 12:30:52 +0200

Bjørn Mork <bjorn@mork.no> writes:

>>> Are the 4 USB interfaces use by the cdc_mbim and cdc_acm drivers the
>>> only ones on this modem, or are there other (possibly unsupported)
>>> functions as well?
>>
>> Not sure how to figure out, can you provide help?
>
> lsusb -vd <vid>:<pid>
>
> should show every available function.

Thinking about it, it would be very interesting to see the output of
this.  Feel free to edit away the serial number (which might be your
IMEI) if you want to hide that.

Every Sierra MBIM device we've seen so far has had the same firmware
bug: The CDC Union functional descriptor is missing.  But all these
devices have been based on Qualcomm chips and used Qualcomm baseband
firmwares as a foundation.  Which probably doesn't include the
descriptors, so the missing union could be a Sierra specific bug.

I am curious whether that bug has crept into the Intel based devices
too, or if they are looking better?  The lsusb output will show.

Bjørn