[ltp] Selecting a new Thinkpad

Joerg Bruehe linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 07 Aug 2014 22:27:49 +0200

Dear all,

while nobody can select the "best" model for me, you can provide some=20
info about which I'm not sure:

1) "Optimus" graphics
I want "Full HD" resolution (1920*1080), but for office stuff only, so=20
built-in Intel graphics will do the job.
Does Nvidia Optimus hardware pull significant power even if not needed,=20
or is its presence irrelevant for battery work time?
(let's ignore weight and price for now)

2) Mouse buttons
The new Thinkpad models do not have mouse buttons any more, AIUI=20
clicking the touchpad shall have the mouse button effect.
Does that work reliably with current Linux distros (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS),=20
including the middle button?

Thank you for all your hints,
J=F6rg

--=20
Joerg Bruehe  - persoenliche Aeusserung / speaking only for himself
mailto:joerg.bruehe@web.de