[ltp] Re: Anyone played with an X240 yet?

Vivek Dasmohapatra linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 21 Feb 2014 13:56:38 +0000 (GMT)

> Lenovo do care the complaints and do know that it is not everyone loves
> the changes.Every design has its supporters and detractors, what Lenovo
> are doing is, to understand the complaints about the new design and think

In that case let me ask the following question:

Are you likely in your upcoming models to provide one which does/provides
some or all of the following:

  - no linux compatibility gotchas
  - keeps the trackpoint
  - restore the keyboard layout to something more like the x200 or 220
  - restore the key style and responsiveness to the same
  - restore the physical mouse buttons so the trackpad can be deactivated
  - shrink the trackpad down to a more reasonable size (or eliminate it)
  - provide more vertical screen real estate (ie not widescreen)
  - restore the x200 style green indicators visible on both the outside
    and inside of the lid (a minor point but one I still miss, not sure
    why they were removed)
  - keep the same power connector (as the x220)
  - allow memory upgrades
  - battery swap-outs (eg extended life or spare batteries)
  - built in rj45 connector (no dongles)
  - approximately x220 sized

And if so, which of the above conditions are likely to be met?