[ltp] Re: Anyone played with an X240 yet?

Fri, 21 Feb 2014 17:32:52 +0000

On 21/02/14 16:43, Peter FP Zhang wrote:

 > I don't think it can be changed easily. - provide
> more vertical screen real estate (ie not widescreen) A: Mmm, I'm afraid
> not. I guess vertical screen looks not beautiful for most people?

Please do reconsider this. There's no product in the market at the
moment to match the wonderful large screens that you used to make.

I'm typing this on a much upgraded(*) T60p with the best screen
Lenovo/IBM ever made: 15" at 2048x1536. I'd love a new laptop, and the
first company to make a machine with a decent screen + keyboard +
trackpoint will get an expensive order from me!

Vertical resolution is critically important for work, whereas many of us
will never play a movie on the widescreen laptop. There are a lot of
people who find shortscreens ugly and frustrating (especially Windows
users who don't know how to reclaim space from the window manager).

Best wishes,

Richard

(*)So far: 1 new screen, 3 disks, 2 keyboards, 3 batteries, wifi, new
cpu, RAM, new fan. If it weighed less, and the fan were silent, and
could take more than 3.2GB of RAM, I'd probably keep it another 7 years.