[ltp] Re: Anyone played with an X240 yet?

Theodore Ts'o linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 21 Feb 2014 13:52:43 -0500

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 05:16:35PM +0000, Vivek Dasmohapatra wrote:
> >Ultra/Thin book, easy to design. Not very sure. :)   - keep the same power
> >connector (as the x220) A: NO. And no need as well. Pls pay attention to the
>
> Please don't presume to tell me what I do and don't need: I have
> a bunch of powerbricks compatible with the x220, and whereas before
> I could (mostly) continue using my old kit with new thinkpads this
> chopping and changing removes a big benefit of sticking with
> thinkpads (the last connector change was just as annoying, for
> what it's worth).

Fortunately, it's just a new connector; the voltage levels stay the
same.  That means you can purchase something like this instead of
buying large numbers of new AC adapters:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E39GCP6

Since they only cost $7 USD, I purchased a handful, so I could keep
them in various laptop bugs, etc.  Very handy, since many of the
conference rooms at $WORK have older Thinkpad adapters available at
the conference tables.

Cheers,

						- Ted