[ltp] Re-use the existing screws ?

Joerg Bruehe linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 27 Feb 2014 17:20:54 +0100

It seems I have to replace the CMOS battery in my trusted R51 (bought in =

March, 2005). Thanks to the Thinkwiki, I found the relevant=20
documentation, including the Lenovo "Hardware Maintenance Manual".

That manual contains a note that screws should be used only once,=20
because of their nylon coating to protect against loosening from vibratio=

What are your experiences with the screws:
- Should I buy and use new ones,
- should I re-use the current ones and apply some sealing
   ("Loctite" comes to mind"),
- or should I re-use the current ones and just make sure they are
   tightened properly?

Thanks for your opinions!

Joerg Bruehe  - persoenliche Aeusserung / speaking only for himself