[ltp] Re: Re-mapped End key results in stuck E key

Matt Horan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 1 Jul 2014 23:52:55 -0400

On Wed, Jul 02, 2014 at 08:50:11AM +0530, Sudhir Khanger wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 4:53 AM, Matt Horan <matt@matthoran.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 03:37:49AM -0700, Peter FP Zhang wrote:
> >> Good news. This issue has just been fixed by X1c2 BIOS team, the new BIOS
> >> release 1.16 will be available in www.lenovo.com in one to two weeks.
> >
> > I'm happy to report that BIOS 1.16 resolved the "e" repeat issue for me!
> > Thanks for bringing this to the attention of the development team and
> > getting it resolved so quickly.
>
> Can you update the BIOS from Linux?

I use a Windows partition for things like this, but there is a bootable
ISO which can be used to update the BIOS. I would link you to the page
that links to the ISO, but the page seems to be dynamically generated
based on some form parameters. You can get to it from
support.lenovo.com.

--
Matt Horan matt@matthoran.com http://matthoran.com/