[ltp] Re: Re-mapped End key results in stuck E key

Matt Horan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 4 Jun 2014 09:09:46 -0400

Peter -

On Wed, Jun 04, 2014 at 01:56:49AM -0700, Peter FP Zhang wrote:
> Hello Matt,
>
> Thanks for your report, I am forwarding this issue to X1c2 BIOS team.
>
> Pressing "Ctrl + E" or "End + E" will produce endless repeat of input event
> of 'e'.
> Is my understanding correct?
> Do you mean that this issue happened in both Windows and Linux?

Only the "End + E" combination produces an endless repeat of input event
'e'. This happens in both Windows and Linux.

The issue was first experienced after upgrading to BIOS 1.09. According
to a user on the Arch Linux forums, downgrading to BIOS 1.07 (1.08 is
not available) resolves the issue. However, suspend under Linux is
broken in that version.

In my case, I had remapped "End" to "Control", which is how I noticed
the issue.

Thanks for your help!

--
Matt Horan matt@matthoran.com http://matthoran.com/