[ltp] Battery options for X240

Tamas Papp linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 05 Mar 2014 15:13:57 +0100

Hi Jochen,

I can't help you with the particular question, but if you are looking
for battery balancing, AFAIK it is not supported since Ivy Bridge. I
don't know about the X240 in particular, but unless the BIOS implements
battery balancing, the second battery might be drained to 0% before the
machine starts using the main one. I find this inconvenient on my T430s,
and in retrospect I would have been better off with another laptop (with
a single, larger battery).

Best,

Tamas