[ltp] Battery options for X240

Leon Weber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 5 Mar 2014 15:23:48 +0100

--CGDBiGfvSTbxKZlW

On 05.03.2014 15:13:57, Tamas Papp wrote:
> I can't help you with the particular question, but if you are looking
> for battery balancing, AFAIK it is not supported since Ivy Bridge. I
> don't know about the X240 in particular, but unless the BIOS implements
> battery balancing, the second battery might be drained to 0% before the
> machine starts using the main one. I find this inconvenient on my T430s,
> and in retrospect I would have been better off with another laptop (with
> a single, larger battery).

My X240 drains the external battery to 5% and then switches to the
internal battery.  When charging, the internal battery is charged first
until it reaches 80%, then the external battery is charged, and after
that, the internal battery is charged the remaining 20%.

So I=E2=80=99m not sure what you mean by =E2=80=9Cbattery balancing=E2=80=
=9D, but my X240
doesn=E2=80=99t drain the external battery down to 0%.  I=E2=80=99m actuall=
y quite
pleased with the way it drains and charges the batteries.

    -- Leon.

--CGDBiGfvSTbxKZlW

--CGDBiGfvSTbxKZlW--