[ltp] X60s 4 GB RAM PAE only 3 recognized (64 Bit)

Paul Seelig linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 14 Nov 2014 23:14:00 +0100

On 11/14/2014 10:44 PM, Uwe Brauer wrote:
>>> "Richard" == Richard Neill <rn214@richardneill.org> writes:
> I never used CapsLock for me this was just a key which I using
> xmodmap under linux  to the X modifier hyper.
>> There's even one clear improvement: Ctrl is now where it should be
>> (bottom left corner), while Fn has been
> I beg to differ control should be where capslock was.

To each his own: I have always modified capslock into compose, in
order to be able easily typing foreign accented characters even while
using a standard US keyboard.

> I hope lenovo will release at least one model with the classical
> keyboard and sees what happens.. But realistically  that is very
> unlikely.

Since the keyboard always used to be a CRU (Customer Replaceable Unit)
in the past, it would already be sufficient if they offered their
customers an alternate keyboard option featuring a classical layout.

Someone should try to convince some chinese copy cat to produce and
offer such an alternative layout keyboard to make themselves very rich
really fast. And while they are at it, why not also produce an alternate
palm rest without that pointless touchpad and FPR ... ;)

Regards,
Paul